- Berklee College of Music, Bachelor of Music, majoring in Professional Music. Boston, MA 2004
- Morgan Park Academy, Diploma, college prep, 1984-2000. Senior Music Award and Thespian Award. Chicago, IL
- Jonas Brothers String Quartet (2012)
- Childish Gambino (2011)
- Zucchero / Mandela Day (2009)
- Bon Musique (Jazz band) (2009 - present)
- Kanye West (2005 - 2007)
- String Section for Christina Aguilera MTV VMA (2006)
- Mystiq - Electric String Quartet with DJ's (2003 - present)
- Boston Civic Symphony Orchestra (2003)
- Anursha (rock band) (2000 - 2002)
- Home Sweet Home (blue grass band) - (2000 - 2002)
- Southwest Symphony Orchestra (1996 - 2000)
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra (1995 - 1997)
- Merit Music Program (1990 - 1996)
- Suzuki Training (1986 - 1990)
- Played for The Clinton Foundation
- Toured China with American music ensemble (2007)
- Toured Greece and GreekIslands (December 2003 - January 2004)
- Mystiq, Dubai (May 2003, February 2004, and June-July 2004)
- Skilled vocalist in many styles
- Released two records of original music: Go with the Day (instrumental)
Lion Tamer - The Chase (vocal)
- Christmas album and Beatles Regrooved (vocalist and instrumentalist) released on Koch label
- Opened for DJ Keoki, X-Ecutioners, Rahzel from the Roots
Download resume as PDF
Cody Geil has been playing the violin for more than 23 years.
Born in San Antonio, TX, Cody moved to Chicago at the age of two and
began studying Suzuki violin shortly thereafter, when she was only 3 ½.
At 17, Cody was granted a scholarship to Berklee College of Music in Boston.
While at Berklee, Cody joined Mystiq, an electric string quartet. Mystiq played many performances
in the Berklee Performance Center and has also released songs on Koch records.
Mystiq toured many times in Europe.
After graduating in 2004, Cody moved to New York City.
In December 2004, Cody was invited to Houston, to perform, as a guest soloist with Orchestra X.
In May 2005, Cody joined Eden, an electric string quartet comprised of two electric violins,
one electric cello and one electric harp based in Dubai. Eden played in the prestigious
Madinat Theater and also played for the Queen of Qatar, at her sons wedding.
In December 2005, Cody started playing with hip-hop star Kanye West. Cody continued to play
with Kanye for 2 1/2 years.
Some performances include, Madison Square Garden, Giant's Stadium opening for the Rolling Stones,
the Late Show with Dave Letterman, and MTV.
Cody has appeared with Christina Aguilera for the MTV music video awards in 2006.
In October 2007, Cody went to China with a bluegrass/Americana band. They had many
performances and lectures at universities in various cities around China.
Cody was playing violin and singing in the group. She also has played various shows with
the band St. Vincent.
In 2009,Cody played with Italian singer, Zucchero as part of Mandela Day at Radio City Music Hall.
She also recorded with Godsmack's Sully Erna for a song on the movie The Expendables soundtrack.
Recently Cody has played with Donald Glover's band Childish Gambino for a sold out show at
New York's Terminal 5. She also accompanied the Jonas Brothers for their reunion concert at
Radio City Music Hall in October 2012.
Cody had two original CD's released. Go with the Day, released in 2005. It is a collection of
original instrumental compositions, which visits many different genres from world to classical
and blues to tango. In 2011 Cody released her first original vocal cd Lion Tamer.
Lion Tamer is an eclectic indie pop collaboration between Cody and DJ Raymo Ventura, which mixes
looped violin lines, layered haunting vocals and catchy beats.
In New York, Cody leads three groups in which she hires out for events. One is an electric string trio
with ambient beats, the next is an acoustic rock string quartet and the other is a vintage
jazz band in which Cody sings French and English standards and plays violin.
Cody continues to live in New York, where she is a freelance violinist and singer (performing and recording)
and private music teacher.